There comes a time when you need to manually update your WordPress installation. It may seem hard but its not. Here is the step by step method for how to update WordPress manually.
- Login to your admin panel.
- Go to
- If update is available then there will be
Update Nowbutton. Click that button and update will begin.
- On successful update you will see the WordPress welcome screen.
- Go to WordPress download page and click on
- Extract the zip file into your desired location.
- Connect your FTP client to your hosting. You must know how to upload files via FTP.
- Navigate to WordPress root folder. In most cases it will be
- Select all the files you have downloaded from wordpress.org and then right click to select
- A popup will appear, select
Overwriteand check the box next to
Apply to current queue only.
- Once the upload is finished, go to the admin area of your WordPress site. If upgrade database page is prompt then click on
Update WordPress Databasebutton.
- That’s all! your WordPress is upgraded successfully.