The first thing you need to do is to install TinyPNG plugin. If you don’t know how to install plugins in WordPress then you can read out our blog post How to Install WordPress Plugin. With free plan of this plugin you can optimize 500 images per month. Once you have installed and activated the plugin then you are ready to follow the steps below.
- Go to
Settings > TinyPNG - JPEG, PNG & WebP image compression.
- Provide your Name and Email then click on
- Check your email for confirmation and click on the link
Activate your account.
- Now reload or visit the page
Settings > TinyPNG - JPEG, PNG & WebP image compressionit will show that
Your account is connected.
Optimize Images on Upload
- Your images will be automatically optimized by TinyPNG on upload.
- You can also change this behavior from
Settings > TinyPNG - JPEG, PNG & WebP image compressionto
Do not compress new images automaticallyand you’ll have to manually select the images you want to compress in the media library.
- If you want to optimize already uploaded images then navigate to
Media > Bulk Optimizationand click on
Start Bulk Optimization.