Many small businesses think that website is an expensive luxury or they don’t really need one because they have a social page, which is absolutely wrong. Yes there are some pros and cons of having website but there is nothing that have only pros and no cons. Creating social page is easy, quick and free but remember you can only change your profile picture, cover and…. nothing else! Its features are always less than a website build for your small business or company. The biggest con is you lack the ownership of your own page. While posting anything like promotion, event, contest etc. you must follow there terms and conditions. Most of the users may not have any problem with these points I have mentioned but these aren’t all downsides of having social page. Instead of going into more cons its better to write some pros of having a website for your small business or company.
- There are different variety of websites from free to expensive depending on your budget and needs. If you start with a free website you can upgrade latter at any time.
- People trust businesses with a website more than the business with no website.
- You have full control to customize your website, add the features you want. Even with free website builders you can customize your website pretty much the way you want it.
- People can view your website from all over the world and know about you even if your business is closed.
- Having your own website will have domain with the name of your business, so you can have emails like [email protected] which looks more professional.
- You can sell your products online to all over the world.
- A good blog can earn you enough that you can quit your daily job.